Saturday, April 21, 2007

First Round Blues

When playing fantasy baseball, your 1st round pick is always the most exciting. In my two leagues this year, I had the 1st overall pick and the 4th respectively. With the 1st overall pick I went with the no-brainer and chose the consistently awesome Albert Pujols. With my other team's 1st round pick I decided to go for speed and power and took Alfonso Soriano. My combined production from these crap-coops: 24 hits in 110 at bats, 8 doubles, 4 homeruns, 14 runs, 10 RBI, and 1 stolen base...ouch! I should have picked A-Rod instead, as he's out-producing most teams, let alone players (12 HR and 30 RBI). Or I could have went with sleeper picks Josh Hamilton (Rule 5 pick with 5 bombs) and Ian Kinsler (7 jacks) and still managed to out-do Soriano and Pujols...oh, I'm so smart.

~Carson

1 comment:

Skeeter said...

Yea I got Pujols in the wsbgms draft. That dickhead as ruined me